Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Where is the ultimate origin?

Scientist or spiritualist, one question that could bother both at any point in time of their life is, 'Where does it all start? There has to be something that created the 'original' because of which the electrons that you see as letters in my blog or me that typed these on a keyboard...

There are again two different ways to ask the question: How am I here and why am I here? and what is my physical origin or the ultimate particle that lead me to do the function of typing at present? The first question is not within the scope of this blog. But the second one, possible to answer through some experiments may in fact reveal the existence or non-existence of the 'God Particle'! There is nothing to do with theism to name it 'God particle'. Just that scientists, particularly physicists perhaps thought it fanciful to name it so.

As a biologist I can always say since I believe in Darwinism and theory of evolution that my ancestors could be and perhaps were bacteria (the limit of origin as I imagine in biological time scale). But then does it stop there? Certainly not! I would be too microscopic not in the sense that bacteria can be seen only using the microscopes, but in the sense that earth is just a small microcosm in the whole universe that till recently has been proven not just to be expanding, but in acceleration!


I am at a time point (perhaps millions and millions of light years from the 'God particle') where it is extremely difficult to even imagine about the original particle that started of the creation of universe. But then there is always a way to experimentally explore through something called 'particle accelerators' (like CERN Large Hardon Collider) to try and recreate the creation of the 'God particle' scientifically termed Higgs Boson. There is a very latest news that the search for it could have been narrowed down.


It must be remembered however that these experiments are recreations of a creation and normally take years in spite of technological advancements. Also, the particle may not be detected at all. So, 'God particle' may or may not be a reality at this point in time. But I strongly feel there must have been some particle that brought me to earth after several expansions of the universe and after very recently (in terms of light years at least!) Darwin took notice of the biological expansion of species!

Link

0 comments: